The probiotics for skin are like food! They can not only add glow to skin but also make it healthful from inside-out! Continue reading to know my experience- Caroline Lyndsay
What are Probiotics:
I have taken probiotic supplements orally for a long time now to help with the health of my digestive system. Probiotics are strains of live bacteria that are designed to decrease that amount of bad bacteria in your gut whilst increasing the number of good bacteria. They have really helped to balance the bacteria in my tummy to fight off bloating and stomach cramps.
So when I heard from our beauty buyers at TJC that Doctors Formula were launching a probiotics for skin, I couldn’t wait to try it!
How probiotics help your skin:
I was already a huge fan of Doctors Formula skincare products because I found they worked efficiently and didn’t set off any allergic reactions with my sensitive skin.
How they work?
- Well, in addition to the strengthening and anti-ageing properties, they can also help significantly with treating inflammatory issues, like eczema and rosacea.
- They also prevent the skin from reacting against bad bacteria and causing acne.
- The probiotic products can reduce the production of sebum which when it occurs, excessively can cause not only oily skin but outbreaks of acne.
- If you have sensitive skin like me, they are designed to rebuild and strengthen the skin’s barrier.
- They are also great to fight off the free radicals, which cause premature ageing and can restore natural radiance to your skin. So they really are something for all skin types to try.
Probiotics for skin from Doctors Formula:
Doctors Formula have brought out a range for all different uses depending what your skin is crying out for at the time! They harness the powers of the lactic acid bacteria family, Lactobacillus, which decreases skin damage. The star ingredient in Probiotics is Relipidium, which has proven to significantly increase skin hydration by restoring the skin’s barrier, minimising water loss and making the skin hold onto more water and look more hydrated and youthful.
As I already mentioned, here at TJC, we carry a range of these probiotics for skin, but some of my favourites are the following:
- Probiotics Lifting and Firming Serum:
This is part of the next generation of skincare serum which is designed to hydrate, lift, firm and smooth out wrinkles. It can be used morning and evening after cleansing and before using your moisturiser.
- Probiotics Overnight Repairing Serum:
This is to be used at night and is an excellent repairing system that aims to give you a smoother, brighter and more renewed looking complexion. It contains probiotic ingredients and active extract from cactus that aim to exfoliate gently, balance and rejuvenate the skin. I love using this product at night as well as the lifting and firming serum in the morning.
- Probiotics Repairing, Deep Hydration Mask:
It is so hydrating and easy to use. Put on a thin layer after cleansing and toning but not around the eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes then wash off. I sometimes lie in the bath and let it do its work while I relax.
So I trust this has given you an introduction into how probiotics can help your skin and I hope that you will enjoy the products and reap the benefits as much as I have! Let me known your views on the range.