An engagement ring is an important jewellery piece that symbolizes love and devotion. It is something that a man gives to the one he intends to tie the knot with. Choosing an engagement ring can be quite confusing, especially with the different choices that come these days. There are many engagement ring types but the most popular among many are diamond engagement rings.
What You Need to Know About Diamond Engagement Rings
A beautiful diamond ring costs around £300-£1 million and it can even go higher depending on the quality. However, there are many options to consider when it comes to purchasing an engagement ring. It all depends on your budget and taste.
Some of the most popular facts about Engagement Rings include:
- Purchasing an engagement ring online can save you the hassle and cost. You can buy a pretty engagement ring without paying for added charges. Most online retailers offer discounts, return policy, certified certificates and assistance to their customers.
- The first engagement ring was given to Mary of Burgundy by the Archduke Maximillian. The engagement ring featured a diamonds embellished on a gold ring. It was his token of love for his lover.
- In choosing a diamond engagement ring you need to remember the 4Cs. It stands for cut, clarity, colour and carat weight. Carat weight is the unit of measurement used in diamonds. Colour is the composition of the diamond which never changes through time.
- The De Beers Platinum ring is one of the most expensive diamond engagement rings in the world. Its price tag is a whopping £1.2 million pound. It weighs around 9-carats which explains why it’s expensive.
- The most popular cut in the diamond engagement rings is the round cut. This cut features 58 facet cuts and divided into three parts: crown, girdle and pavilion.